Outlook Spell Check Wrong default language

in Here is your first Forum Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm
by breckjensen • 151 Posts

Hi,

Having wrote a new email, Outlook is suddenly spell checking using a USA dictionary rather than the default UK that is set in Outlook, Word, and Excel. I have checked the user options settings and UK language setting is default there does not seem to be another language installed.

I can't find any other settings for language with in Outlook. The word that I'm trying to spellcheck is colour. In Word and Excel it spells it the UK way but in Outlook it highlights it as wrong and suggest color the American spelling. The spell check box tells me its checking it in American English but I can not find how to change it. As i'm writing this question out, its telling me that the English way of spelling colour is wrong within this text box. I have also checked what language windows is running and it says English UK and again there does not seem to be any other languages installed.

This could have been like this for while and I never noticed until now. This problem in previous versions would be because the default language had changed. This don't seemed to be the case.

I am using Office 365 running on a Windows 7 Pro laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please help....

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msof...c7-0580c06dfbe1
case study sample

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: breckjensen
Board Statistics
The forum has 164 topics and 855 posts.